Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium (EMC) has grown to become Canada's largest manufacturing consortium and with over 1,000 hands-on industry events annually, the most active manufacturing organization in North America! EMC is a unique not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping manufacturers GROW and become MORE COMPETITIVE, at home and around the world.
Founded in the mid-1980's and incorporated in 1997, EMC has grown to become 'Canada's Largest Manufacturing Consortium.' EMC is responsible for contributing significant knowledge, expertise and industry resources towards the success of nearly 1,000 member manufacturers, employing hundreds of thousands of Canadians, in over 50 consortium regions and spanning more than 450 communities in Ontario and Atlantic Canada!
- EMC supports both grass roots and leading-edge online manufacturing networks, which are connected regionally, provincially, and nationally.
- EMC creates trusted peer-to-peer relationships within manufacturing, industry stakeholders, government and the entire community.
- EMC provides advanced manufacturing expertise, comprehensive services, training and other vital resources.
- EMC fosters a mind-set of continuous improvement and sharing of ideas and best practices, focused on building manufacturing competitiveness.
- EMC helps manufacturers gain competitive 'Advantage through Excellence'... emphasizing sustainability and the creation, retention and expansion of skilled manufacturing jobs here in Canada.
EMC's membership is COAST-to-COAST, represented by manufacturers in all provinces from British Columbia through to Nova Scotia!