I have the distinct pleasure of supporting EMC members in many regions of Ontario. In my home town of Hamilton, as well as our developing Northern Ontario consortiums (Thunder Bay, Timmins, Sault Ste Marie, Sudbury, North Bay and Parry Sound / Muskoka). We have an array of manufacturers in these regions and it’s always impressive when they open their doors to share about best practices, processes and the technology they employ to continually improve.
During the past year in Northern Ontario, our EMC members shared and learned from each other on many fronts! This included many memorable cluster sessions that impacted improving productivity such as:
- Roundtables to explore and share Continuous Improvement challenges
- Legal updates focused on anticipated issues from marijuana in the workplace
- Health & Safety management best practice sharing
and further south in Hamilton, the event topics included:
- Customer Service Strategy
- Lean concepts applied to Accounting and Admin
- Tours of Honda and Toyota with TPS presentations
- Skilled Trades Shortages & Support
- Performance Reviews
- Legal updates
- Health & Safety management
For all the manufacturers I support, a huge thank-you for routinely welcoming me to visit and learn about your successes and challenges. It’s fascinating to see firsthand that no matter the location in Ontario, although the weather challenges may be unique, the manufacturing challenges are remarkably similar!
Looking forward, we already have some great events planned for 2019, and I anticipate another year full of awesome best practice sharing!
Best wishes for the holiday season …. Merry Christmas!