A proud member of EMC and the GTA Consortium!
Kisko's policy of GIVING BACK has become an integral part of the company's definition of success. The company's genuine care and goodwill to help others have proven to be just as important as the mandates and policies that govern how they operate. The company takes great pride in being able to GIVE BACK to those that are less fortunate, knowing that the gratification received from giving far outweighs the cost of what is given.
Kisko believes in giving back to the communities where we live and work. That’s why Kisko Products proudly supports numerous organizations that work to improve the lives and development of children, such as local schools, camps, churches, hospitals, recreational centres, and food banks. For us, the greatest reward comes from knowing we’re helping underprivileged children thrive in the community.
- In 2014, Kisko Products partnered with GO ENTREPRISES to create their own Grassroots Soccer Program. The commitment involved the sponsorship of 8 teams (4 girls and 4 boys) aged 11-15 years old, in 10 of the largest soccer clubs in Ontario.
- Kisko has also formed a great partnership with The York Region Youth Sports Association. They gave and continue to give ongoing support to both indoor and outdoor team sports of all genres, including basketball, volleyball, soccer, tennis, swimming etc.
- To show increased support of the 2014 Toronto Panam/Parapanam Games as well as their loyalty to their homeland Jamaica, Kisko sponsored the Team Jamaica House Headquarters.
- Kisko also partnered as an official road sponsor of the Toronto Revellers, a premier masquerade band in the Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Festival.
- Kisko also makes significant product contributions each year to fundraising events and sports venues that help children and families achieve greater physical and social wellbeing.
Kisko Products has always been committed to making a positive difference in the lives of needy families and many disadvantaged communities. Being a close knit family run business, there is genuine concern to assist programs specifically geared towards improving the lives of children.
In 2011, Kisko Products partnered with Helping Hands Jamaica (www.helpinghandsjamaica.org) and Food for the Poor (www.foodforthepoor.org) to build an elementary school in Kingston, Jamaica. Situated in an extremely impoverished area of Kingston, the new Caribbean Estates Basic School was built in order to offer underprivileged children, a place to learn and obtain a fundamental education. Knowing the tedious challenges that the children and their families face daily, establishing a literary base with skills to read and write was an essential part of Kisko's plan towards enabling them with valuable life skills.
Mark Josephs, the President of Kisko Products was actively involved with the development of this great program and continues to support disadvantaged children through additional charity organizations and many church based programs.
The Josephs family continually supports many charitable organizations here in Canada as well as those in their homeland, Jamaica.
About Kisko: Founded by Leslie and Glenor Josephs in1977, Kisko Products is the largest manufacturer of freeze pops in Canada. Operating in a 115,000 square foot state of the art facility, it is a proud family run business whose focus for over 30 years, has always been to produce the best quality freeze pops in the market. It has an ongoing commitment to product quality and providing 100% customer satisfaction as it relates to their products as well as customer service.
Click here to view other EMC member profiles.