Communication Skills for Supervisors & Managers - Guelph
Managers Generally Underestimate The Impact Their Communication Style Has On Their Peoples' Engagement And Effectiveness.
Managers generally underestimate the impact their communication style has on their peoples' engagement and effectiveness. This one-day program will allow you to:
- Know your personal communication style, its strengths and shortcomings, and make a plan for personal development;
- Develop new language habits that built partnership and foster real accountability;
- Avoid morale-killing terms and ways of speaking;
- Draw out commitment;
- Express your intent and directions in so that your people understand and are energized to deliver;
- Provide effective positive and corrective feedback;
- Handle pointed or trap questions;
- Manage brief decision-making meetings.
- See communication as an investment in their own credibility and ability to get things done;
- Model core values and guiding principles in their interactions with employees;
- Be and feel accountable for transmitting information accurately and in such a way that employees are motivated to absorb and use the information;
- Listen effectively;
- Respond properly and promptly;
- Report factually;
- Separate fact from opinion.