EVENT REGISTRATION IS NOW FULL -- Please email to add your name to the waiting list.
Does your operations have a warehouse for raw materials, WIP, or finished goods? Are you interested in seeing automation and efficient transport of items within a warehouse? Then join us for a walking tour at Amazon’s YYZ4 Fullfillment Centre on Thursday February 13th!
While certainly not a manufacturer, Amazon is an e-commerce giant with a worldwide reputation for its efficient operations and quick on-time deliveries, both of which are goals shared amongst EMC’s Member companies. During the tour, our group will be taken through the operations process of what happens after a customer clicks "Buy" on Amazon.com. We will see how automation technology is used to improve ergonomics and increase worker safety, while humans and robots work harmoniously to get packages to customers on time.
Date: Thursday, February 13th, 2020
Time: 9:15 - 10:45am
Location: 8050 Heritage Road, Brampton, On L6Y 0C9 (northwest corner of Heritage Road and Steeles Avenue West)
RSVP Date: ASAP by email to LNACUA@EMCCANADA.ORG (Please provide full name and date of birth as this is required by Amazon.) Due to the popularity of this event, only a limited number of spots are available.
*** All attendees will need to provide a valid, government-issued PHOTO ID upon check-in for the tour. ***
- Welcome, Registration, Introductions (9:15)
- Tour of Fulfillment Centre 9:30 – 10:30
- Unfortunately, as Amazon will be setting up for another tour following ours, there will not be an opportunity to have a Roundtable Discussion that is part of our typical SIG events
Add to Calendar
- While safety shoes are NOT required, FULLY ENCLOSED SHOES are MANDATORY as per Amazon policy. Guests must wear flat, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes (no sandals, clogs or high heels). Wear comfortable shoes or sneakers.
- Secure long hair above the shoulders.
- Long-hanging jewelry, scarves and ties are not permitted.
- Guests may bring keys, wallets and cellphones on the tour. Please leave all other personal items at home or in your vehicle, including bags, purses, and briefcases.
- No cameras or other video equipment are allowed on the tour. Smartphones cannot be used to take pictures or audio/video recordings.
- No food or drink is permitted on the tour. Complimentary bottled water will be provided to guests.
- If anyone has a request for accessibility accomodations, please let me know as soon as possible.