THIS EVENT’S TOPIC: “Preparing your Workplace for Harassment Legislation”
As workplace harassment legislation comes into effect July 1st, 2020, this is an opportunity to review and prepare. The goal is to be proactive of course; to have policies, procedures and leaders that support a safe and harassment free workplace. Through this event, and with the assistance of our subject matter expert, we will explore:
- Your responsibilities and liabilities as an employer
- Opportunities to be pro-active
- In the case of a complaint, how does the investigation process work and who does it
- Are your leaders ready
Also, Kelly will provide an overview of what he has seen in industry following the NB legislation and possibly provide an idea of what you can expect and avoid.
About our Speaker: Kelly Vanbuskirk
• 25+ years as a labour and employment lawyer • Chartered arbitrator • WSNB-approved anti-harassment trainer • Author of “Why Employees sue”
Join your industry peers and EMC Members as we explore the responsibilities around Workplace Harassment Policy as well as the benefits to an organization!
Event Details: Wednesday, March 4th 9:00am - noon
79 Water Street, Summerside PEI Map
- Welcome, Introductions and EMC Update
- Round Table – Is your Organization ready?
- Guest Presenter – Kelly Vanbuskirk
Add to Calendar
Note: this person will receive all update information and confirmations.