Miramichi- Northeast Networking Event
How do I engage my Younger Generations – Answers from a Millennial!
Presentation by Jordan Lavoie, Director of Shared Services for Sunny Corner Ent. Inc
Date: May 9th, 2019
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00
Location: Superior Industries
26 General Manson Way, Miramichi, NB
- Welcome, Introductions & EMC Update
- Round Table – What is your perspective on the work habits and truly engaging your younger generations?
- Presentation; Jordan Lavoie of Sunny Corner will share her expertise and experience:
- Myth busting - we're not as bad as you think
- Tips to start off on a positive note
- Managing the millennial - it's not as hard as it seems
- 3 things to implement now that will help
The millennials (born 1981 – 1996) will soon become the core of our workforce as the baby boomers move into that other category (the silent generation). We as boomers have our perception of the millennials but, are we correct or, is the approach a bit off. This will be a very interesting conversation and I suspect one that may change perspectives and strategies.
"Jordan graduated from Dalhousie University with a Bachelor of Management degree in 2011. Since then, she has gone on to receive her Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation as well as her Master's in Human Resources and Employment Relations from Pennsylvania State University in 2015. Jordan has spent her career building her expertise in strategic human resource management; including recruitment, on-boarding, labor relations, union relations, succession, and organizational structure. Closely involved with operations in both the construction and manufacturing industries, Jordan brings a practical, tried and true approach to HR solutions."
- Plant tour – this is a great facility to tour and take the opportunity to understand their capability and product…very impressive!
11:45: Wrap Up
Add to Calendar
Note: this person will receive all update information and confirmations.