Most of the work you perform in the Health & Safety Excellence program is already a legal requirement, so you might as well receive recognition (financial and non-financial) for your efforts. Plus, companies with improved H&S records tend to see a decrease in WSIB premiums. Integrating health and safety into your workplace is good business!
Following the hour-long webinar, we will have the opportunity to have a HR/H&S roundtable discussion and best practice-sharing!
Date: Wednesday, April 21st, 2021
Time: 10:00 - 11:30 AM EST
Location: Zoom (link to be provided upon registration)
- Welcome, Introductions, EMC Update (~5 minutes)
- Part 1: Webinar & Q&A with WSIB (~1 hour)
- Part 2: Roundtable Discussion among companies (~30 minutes, starting around 11am EST)
Please RSVP via email to Leah Nacua (LNACUA@EMCCANADA.ORG) and indicate if you intend to attend the webinar/Q&A, roundtable discussion, or both.
The Health & Safety Excellence program:
- Provides a clear road map to improve workplace safety, whether your company is just getting started or want to optimize systems and processes already have in place.
- Is flexible, tailored to individual business needs across different sectors and helps foster a culture health and safety and improve outcomes.
- Has 36 topics spread across three levels – Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced – to help develop and integrate health and safety into workplaces and take a business from Awareness to Excellence.
- The Health and Safety Excellence program can also help businesses achieve best practice standard, such as COR2020 or ISO 45001.
- Businesses that are successful in the program will earn rebates and other non-financial recognition for their investment in health and safety.
- Ontario businesses are adapting to new health and safety parameters to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Make sure your business is pandemic ready. This isn’t just about workplace safety; it’s about helping to keep your people and community healthy and safe.
- The following five topics address immediate pandemic related priorities and can help businesses safely resume operations and remain open:
- Risk assessment
- Control of hazards
- Emergency prevention and preparedness
- Emergency response
- Workplace health promotion
Lesia Conneely is a Health and Safety Excellence Consultant at the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board. She has over 20 years of experience at the WSIB in the areas of claims adjudication, program evaluation, health services and 15 years as a small business health and safety and excellence program consultant. As a health and safety consultant, Lesia delivered health and safety information sessions, training programs and conducted workplace assessments for many small businesses to help them build and improve their health and safety programs. Lesia has a passion to help business owners understand their health and safety obligations, implement effective health and safety programs and ultimately keep their workers healthy and safe.
Add to Calendar