Value Stream Managers, Lean Co-ordinators, Continuous Improvement Managers and Kaizen facilitators have been implementing Lean throughout their companies with little support or involvement from the administrative functions.
For Lean to be truly successful in organizations, accounting and related processes need to be improved with the same rigor and care as shop floor processes in the never ending journey to eliminate waste.
With the absence of Lean participation by office personnel, companies are missing tremendous opportunities to involve the entire workforce in Lean thinking.
Applications of Lean in Accounting & Administration introduces accounting personnel to concepts and tools that will help them eliminate waste in accounting processes (A/P, financial reporting, budgets, month end close), and related processes such as order entry, purchasing, and sales invoicing.
Participants will be encouraged to discuss continuous improvement best practices for accounting processes within their firms.
This workshop uses a slide presentation, a video, participant input, and exercises to demonstrate the importance and need to apply Lean thinking to accounting processes within the organization.
Who Should Attend:
This course has been designed for CFOs, Controllers, Accounting and Office personnel that are responsible for accounting and accounting-related administrative processes in their building.
- Review and understand the basic principles of Lean Accounting
- Discuss and understand the role of accounting in a Lean environment
- Apply Lean thinking to Accounting processes
- Share accounting improvement ideas and best practices
- Empower the financial person to make cultural changes in the financial functions of the Lean organization
- Encourage the finance person to become a Lean leader!
Thu, Jun 6
For information call: 1-866-323-4362