Sharing best practices, experiences, challenges and successes is what EMC is all about and effective networking is the key to making this happen. But how do the successful companies do it?
Companies who benefit the most from their membership with EMC have learned a few simple rules. First you need to participate and second you need to be willing to share. Here are some of the habits they use to get the results they need.
- They participate in local and regional EMC events. Nothing beats spending a morning in discussion with your peers on a topic that makes you have cold sweats. The facility tours and the muffins are great too!
- They spread the word in their building. Why keep all the fun to yourself. Not all topics might appeal to you but Suzie in AR might like to hear how other companies are getting paid on time. Make sure she and everyone in the operation are aware of the events.
- They get to know their local Field Service Advisor (FSA). Your FSA can be like having another employee out in the region checking how others do stuff and getting to know folks in manufacturing. Knowing them means you get to know a lot of people.
- They spread the joy and grow the consortium, their consortium. If you know of another manufacturer in the region who is not involved let them know what they are missing. Use the time at the curling rink or the grocery store to enlighten them. It will help to make your local consortium more vibrant. As they say the more ingredients the better the soup!
- They ask EMC for help. Got a real head scratcher of a problem? Don’t forget your FSA and our Member Needs Help service.... just like the X Files someone out there knows the answer.
- They look for opportunities to get training with a networking bonus. Find out about local training opportunities others are using and join in. it can be cheaper to share the costs and really beneficial to add sharing and networking as a bonus.
- They host EMC events. What better way to talk about a subject that is important to you that to host the event yourself? Getting a room full of your peers can help to clearly talk about / show your challenge or achievement. Also you have the added bonus of having to tidy up before company shows up!
EMC is a great tool in the right hands. And it is a proven fact that members who participate and use the resources available get WAY more out of it. Follow the simple steps in this article and you will surely reap the rewards. Any questions on this or EMC in general please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org