Common sales struggles for manufacturers…
There is a lot more than just taking an order when it comes to sales!
To be truly effective, companies need to optimize their sales teams, strategy and structure. The days of relying upon inbound leads and orders continue to fall behind us. Processes must support the shift to consultative selling, relationship based sales and strategic account management. Dealer and channel partner networks must be effective selling channels and include a plan to keep the resellers and customers engaged and your products top of mind.
Sales Strategy for Manufacturers - This was the hot topic of the month for some members. In the spirit of sharing, our subject matter experts, Justin and Wes of SalesEvolve were introduced to the group through another member that they are already working with towards improving their sales processes. They shared some of their experiences in working with manufacturers to help them understand how the marketplace has evolved over time and how the changing demands of customers is impacting sales teams.
Our round table discussion provided an opportunity for members to share their own experiences and ideas. Here is the short list of some of our SIG discussion.
- Sales team management strategies
- Creating a more proactive sales process – motivating sales teams that are accustomed to taking orders and coaching them through successfully uncovering opportunities
- Market research and understanding the marketplace, customers and competition
- Strategies to better understand and build stronger relationships with customers
Continuing the discussion…
Of course, two hours is not enough time to cover any one of these key areas well.
- Do you involve your Sales team in the new product development process?
- Has this improved the success of meeting your customer’s true needs more effectively?
Please share your thoughts on this, either by commenting below or emailing me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the team at CoorsTek for hosting members in coming together to speak about the common struggles faced by sales teams in manufacturing. Let me know if you would like to host your own SIG on this topic or any other to make this happen again soon!
Please contact me if you would like to learn more about our discussions, work with a Sales Coach, learn more about SIG’s and how to engage or with any questions you may have.
Until the next time,