Summits are about networking, sharing best practices, and discussing the latest technologies and trends - and we had it all at this year's Manufacturing Summit in Kitchener.
Did you miss it?
On May 10th, EMC was privileged enough to attend the annual Manufacturing Summit at Bingeman’s Conference Centre in Kitchener. EMC sponsored this event, in partnership with The Greater KW Chamber, and other key corporate sponsors. The Manufacturing Summit is a way to bring the manufacturing and supply chains community together in Waterloo Region. This year’s event focused on connected manufacturing and highlighted new trends and how businesses can get involved.
About 250 manufacturing company team members and service providers attended, as well as 35 company booths who provided valuable information for manufacturers. The speaker roster included:
- Bill Fantin from Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
- Nick Anghel from Aeryon Labs
- Jayson Myers and David Fransen, Keynote speakers who discussed some details regarding the newly-announced Supercluster
There was also a panel that included:
- Brian Perissinotti from Clearpath Robotics
- Mike Kuntz from Kuntz Electroplating
- Joerg Stieber from Ontario Drive and Gear
The topics for the panel included Industry 4.0, manufacturing challenges, and legislative changes that impact manufacturers.
If you missed this year’s event, I encourage you to keep your eyes open next year. This event always proves to pertinent and interesting information, robust discussions, and valuable networking opportunities.