On March 15, 2018, members of the Brantford consortium met at Ingenia Polymers to share ideas and experiences around the hot topic of Employee Engagement.
What does employee engagement mean to YOUR company? How do you keep new hires, tenured employees, cross-functional teams, and multiple location teams all engaged and working toward a common goal? How do you break down barriers between functional teams? How do you ensure that every employee feels like they are a part of the success of your company?
Our hosts, Ingenia Polymers, in Brantford, shared some of their most exciting efforts that they have been exploring and implementing. Some of those that they highlighted at the event are:
- town hall meetings with senior leadership
- organized training and learning management systems
- personalized yearbooks at milestone anniversaries
- clear goals and objectives that are present at every level of the organization
- formal orientation on-boarding
- team development focusing on 5S and changeover reduction
- instant recognition program - peer to peer
There was robust conversation amongst the members, followed by a plant tour. It was obvious that the tools that Ingenia had shared were in place throughout the facility.
Looking forward to seeing YOU at a future SIG event!