We thought you should know about the 2014 fall public events being offered to all manufacturers in the Maritimes by our friends at Montana HR. If any of these are of interest to you, fire me off an email and we will be happy to introduce you to George Raine!
Managing and Mediating Workplace Conflict
This one-day workshop gives you the practical techniques to defuse conflict directed at you, and teaches you to intervene effectively to resolve conflict between employees.
- September 16, 2014 - Saint John
- September 17, 2014 - Moncton
- September 29, 2014 - Halifax
Controlling Absenteeism - Cases in Attendance Management
Taught with real-world cases, this one-day workshop gives you a rigorous, practical way to assess whether time off should be excused or not, avoiding the pitfalls caused by thinking about absences in terms of sick days or leaves.
- October 1, 2014 - Moncton
- November 19, 2014 - Bathurst (French)
- November 25, 2014 - Fredericton
- December 2, 2014 - Charlottetown
Disability Management and Human Rights Made Clear
Say goodbye to confusion about the duty of accommodation, adverse effect discrimination, poisoned work environment and other everyday workplace human rights dilemmas. Taught with real-life cases, this program simplifies the conflicts.
- October 2, 2014 - Moncton
- November 20, 2014 - Bathurst (French)
- November 26, 2014 - Fredericton
- December 3, 2014 - Charlottetown
Introduction to Turnaround Interview®
This is a condensed version of our most popular program; Turnaround Interview® teaches a step by step, highly effective approach to having those difficult conversations about minor issues in the workplace: lateness, overstaying breaks, "forgetting" personal protective equipment, skipping or rushing through quality documentation, etc.
- October 3, 2014 - Fredericton
- October 9, 2014 - Bathurst (French)
- December 9, 2014 - Halifax
This one-day workshop gives managers the tools to communicate clearly to the listener's brain while engaging their emotions so that they want to use the information communicated. It teaches handy expressions and communication techniques that transmit complex messages simply, and help you deliver unwelcome news in ways employees understand and accept.
- September 15, 2014 - Saint John
- September 19, 2014 - Moncton
- September 30, 2014 - Halifax
What Business Owners and Managers Need to Know About HR and the Law
This one-day workshop teaches what you need to know to avoid costly HR mistakes. We cover the basics of employment standards, human rights, workers' compensation, health and safety, and labour relations law, and we look at the impact of common law in such areas as wrongful dismissal or constructive dismissal. We'll look at typical situations and actual case studies.
- September 18, 2014 - Moncton
Frontline Labour Relations
Presented in an entertaining case-based format suitable for both front-line to high-level managers, Frontline Labor Relations distils 60 years of lessons from arbitration jurisprudence into simple, common-sense principles that guide decision-making. Supervisors learn how to use those principles to achieve management goals and defend their decisions in clear and indisputable terms.
- October 23, 3014 - Edmundston (French)
- November 28, 2014 - Saint John
- December 8, 2014 - Halifax