Compass is the WSIB's new online health and safety tool that is open to the public.
The WSIB just launched a new tool that anyone can use to look up health and safety statistics for businesses in Ontario. Through Compass, you can:
- see the number and types of injuries in a workplace;
- get a sense for how serious those injuries through the lost time injury statistics
- compare statistics from up to five different businesses at one time.
This is an interesting tool for companies because it includes no-lost time injuries (medical aids) as well as lost time injuries. Current reports have data spanning 2012-2016 including:
- Injury Claims by Registration Year (Lost Time & No Lost Time)
- Injury Rates (LT & NLT)
- Leading Types of Lost Time Injuries (2012-2016)
- Lost Time Claims Receiving Wage Loss Benefits at 1 Year
- Benefit Payments (Loss of Earnings, Heath Care and Other)
In addition, you can download the company data. The WSIB suggests both employers and prospective employees may be interested in looking at a business's data.