KI Canada in Pembroke has managed to find ways to proactively and strategically save over a million dollars and provided a detailed overview of their program. Staff engagement has been a huge success factor and the management team at KI is a true role model! Please check out their youtube video to learn more!
Energy is a big cost to manufacturers these days and that is not expected to change.
Members gathered from many companies to share and learn from one another at Hewitt in Brockville and KI Canada in Pembroke. There was a lot of passion at both events members discussed some of the following key topics that have really helped them save on energy costs so far;
- Gov't grants have been available to help with this upgrade.
- These lights are typically brighter than the older style so in a most cases, members have found that less lights have been required to achieve the same level of lighting.
- Task lighting in a lot of cases in the manufacturing environment could be removed because the ceiling lights were more than adequate.
Industrial Motors / Pumps / Compressors
- As older equipment needs repair, most members have been upgrading to brand new equipment rather than repairing the old ones.
Cloud Based HVAC Controls
- Some members have adopted this solution so that they can easily control usage anytime during the year and to also track usage in real time.
- Standard Operating Procedures have been adopted to teach staff best practices for energy savings.
- Transparency surrounding energy costs was a key discussion point and members agreed that this has been an effective tool in engaging their staff to help find creative and simple ways to save on energy.
Many more discussion points were covered and members left inspired to go back to their sites and begin or enhance their energy savings journey!