Quality, fully funded programs for New Brunswick Manufacturers.
Making your Training Profitable with supervisory and production engagement skills training programs.
I am pleased to provide you with information regarding Manufacturing Essential Certification Programs now available to all New Brunswick Manufacturers.
The outline below provide an overview of what is available however there are important points to mention;
- These programs are fully funded for all New Brunswick Manufacturers wishing to participate and have been designed by your fellow manufacturers in NB.
- Programs are currently confirmed and underway in the Moncton and Northwest (Carleton) regions. Registrations continue to come in and programs will be continually started based on the demand in each geographical area….so go ahead and register, the schedule will be created around you, the manufacturers.
- These programs are a progression or ‘next step’ to the original programs offered over the past year in the Moncton, Saint John and Charlotte Co regions.
- Program delivery and material is available in both French and English
- Delivery of these programs is not intended to replace current Workplace Essential Skill activity through PETL but to compliment it for the manufacturing sector.
CALL FOR EMPLOYERS: We are currently inviting applications from New Brunswick manufacturers interested in participating in Manufacturing Essentials Certification (MEC) programs. Designed to drive learning and business impact results, MEC programs for supervisors and production workers provides the learning expertise, financial resources, and tools necessary to boost employees’ engagement and productivity and ultimately a competitive advantage for New Brunswick’s manufacturing sector.
|WHEN: ||Beginning September 2017 – 4-5 hrs/ week for 8 weeks|
|WHERE: ||MEC is delivered in a cluster model (group of employers) across the province of New Brunswick. Locations will be dependent on registrations.|
|WHO: ||MEC is presenting two certification programs – one for Supervisors and Managers and another one for Production Workers|
|REGISTRATION:||MEC programs are funded through a partnership between New Brunswick Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, participating companies and Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium (EMC). If your company would like to be considered as one of the participating organizations, please contact us for more details and a presentation on how to get involved with MEC programs.|
Manufacturing Essentials Certification (MEC) is proposed to run in regional training cluster groups across the province of New Brunswick, providing between 30-40 hours (4-5 hours/week over 8 weeks) of skills training, using industry validated learning programs, live workshops, facilitated online learning with on-going support assistance with New Brunswick professional trainers and a workplace action-based learning project.
Two MEC programs are available – click to view MEC programs outlines:
Manufacturing Essentials Certification (MEC) programs can be customized to match current skills needs. Working with a group of participating employers, the MEC team will conduct streamlined needs assessments and confirm success criteria, learning plan specifications, delivery methods, quality assurance/communication, and logistics and scheduling. Participants and their direct managers must bring a main business activity to assess and improve for the Workplace Performance Project (WPP). MEC learning happens through a combination of group-based discussions, instructor-facilitated activities and team-based hands-on projects.
What’s in it for me?
Workplace Essential Skills (WES) training has demonstrated tangible workplace results. For example, EMC’s Manufacturing Essentials research shows real workplaces results and benefits, such as:
• reduced health and safety incidents
• better productivity and customer service
• fewer errors and less waste
• more effective employee engagement and retention, communication and team workprocess improvement and problem-solving skills
• fundamental positive business outcomes and associated profits
Click here to consult Manufacturing Essentials Case Studies - a Canada-wide initiative designed to boost productivity and to help manufacturers improve training outcomes, business results, and return on investment (ROI).