Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Opportunities for Business Development, Partnering with Suppliers and Managing Customer Demands, Lean Applications, Panel Discussions and Networking are all part of what promises to be a very exciting program for the Value Chain Innovation Forum 2012!
EMC Canada is delighted to be participating in this special event which is being held at the Delta Meadowvale Hotel & Conference Centre in Mississauga, Ontario on April 3rd and 4th, 2012.
This Forum has some excellent presentations, topics and opportunities to network. As described in the Invitation attached - "The Value Chain Innovation Forum, being hosted by the Vineland Research and Innovation Centre and the Value Chain Management Centre, will look at maximizing market competitiveness, increasing profitability through the formation of successful alliances and incorporating Lean Six Sigma business improvements".
Program highlights include the following:
DAY 1 of the Forum will feature innovative Canadian and international business leaders in a discussion on what they have achieved by adopting a value chain approach to their own business management.
- Value Chain Management: What is it and why should you care…
- Consumers, what's changing?
- The 3 C's of Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC: Customer, Cost, Collaboration
- Managing the Value Chain to Deliver on Consumer Perceptions of Value
- Adapting to Market Demands by Partnering with Producers
- Successful Canadian Value Chain Initiatives
- Horticulture Panel - Succeeding with Premium Quality Ontario Fruit
- Livestock Panel - Opportunities and Challenges Facing the Sector
- Field Crops Panel - Taking a Value Chain Approach to the Soybean Business
- Driving Industry Change with Value Chain Innovation
DAY 2 will offer a Lean Six Sigma (LSS) workshop, an approach that commonly produces a 10-20 percent improvement in businesses' financial performance within months. The workshop will provide participants with the tools and practical know-how to begin implementing LSS within an organization. Managers from the retail, meat, fruit and food processing sectors will speak on how they implemented LSS in their business and achieved millions of dollars in cost savings.
- Who is Responsible for Food Marketing?
- Defining Opportunities to Improve and Sustain Business Performance
- Successfully Applying Six Sigma and Lean in Agri-Food Businesses - Panel Discussion
- A Guide to Success: How to Apply Lean Techniques to Your Business
- Funding Opportunities for Value Chain Projects
For more information, please visit the website at: www.vcif2012.com. The Program of Events and an invitation to participate from the Value Chain Management Centre are attached.
This is Forum has a great deal to offer all those in the Agri-Food Industry and we hope you are able to join us!