Time flies when you’re having fun (and as you get older!).
Can you believe that another year has just zipped past?
Another successful year that is. Our Strategic Interest Group sessions were many as were the topics discussed and thoughts, ideas, documents, and presentations shared.
Many thanks to all of you who attend and are so generous with your time and resources when it comes to assisting fellow members.
Topics this year covered:
- Risk Based Thinking – Risk Management
- Finding Employees to Replace Aging Workforce
- Managing New Generation Employees
- Decreasing Defects – Methods of Measuring and Identifying Root Causes
- Reducing Downtime
- Re-Training Employees – Promoting from Within
- Change Management – Managing People in Changing Environments (Technology, Business, and Production)
- Work-Related Stress / Workplace Bullying
- Mental Health in the Workplace – First Aid for Mental Health
- Safety Audits
- Annual Labour Law Update
- Ergonomics – Musculoskeletal Disorders, Standing Desks, etc.
- Knowledge Capture and Transfer
- Numerous IT topics and issues
There were more but the list would become too long. (What a great problem to have!)
A big thank you to the members who hosted in 2017 – Weldco-Beales, Canplas Industries, Garaga Inc., DV Systems, Glueckler Metal, Baytech Plastics, TNR Industrial Doors, ZF-TRW, Innovative Automation, Theta TTS, Franke Kindred, Muskoka Cottage Brewery, Baxter Corp., Weber Manufacturing, Oetiker Limited, MacNeil Wash Systems, and Wolf Steel.
A warm welcome to the new members that joined us in 2017 – The Sarjeant Group, Weening Brothers, Creemore Springs Brewery, and Environmental Systems Corporation.
So – here is a shout out to you all. Kudos go to you for attending and hosting the SIGs and your willingness to share and to assist one another. This is what makes our manufacturers world class and what makes EMC so successful.
May you all have time over the next couple of weeks to enjoy the holiday season and to connect with family and friends to welcome in the new year.
Seasons Greeting and all the best for 2018!
See you next year!
2017 – over and out….. (mic drop!)