2017 ... It was another year of inspiring Strategic Interest Group events with best practice sharing, learning from each other’s experiences, and fantastic plant tours!
In the past year, the topics for our Hamilton, St. Catharines and Niagara SIG events included these highlights:
• Strategy for Continuous Improvement
• SR&ED and Foreign Exchange challenges
• Psychological Safety in the Workplace
• Impact of the Industrial Internet of Things (iiot)
• WSIB Claims management tips
• Problem Solving strategy
• Energy - cost reduction strategy
• Prioritizing CI projects
• Legal developments impacting manufacturers
• Inventory Management - Demand and Supply Planning
• Proposed changes to the WSIB Rate Framework
As always, a big thank-you to our consortium members that opened their plants for tours in 2017...
- Stackpole International www.stackpole.com
- Paul Boers Manufacturing Ltd. www.paulboers.com
- Span Medical Products Canada Inc. www.spanamerica.com
- Jervis B. Webb Company of Canada, Ltd. www.daifukuwebb.com
- TASUS Canada Corporation www.tasus.com
- Arterra Wines Canada www.arterracanada.com
Looking to 2018, my colleague for the consortium, Cat Haggert and I are quite excited about the events in the works! Wishing you a successful 2018…. Merry Christmas!