Occupational Health Services
Under the direction of Medical Director Dr. Douglas Friars, Focus Workplace provides a full suite of Occupational Health Services to help manage risk relating to employee health. They specialize in Return to Work Assistance, Medical Surveillance/ Medical Monitoring, Clinical Services, Vaccination Programs and Health Services Administration.
- Medical Surveillance: Hearing Conservation Programs, Designated Substance Surveillance Programs, Respiratory Protection Programs (includes Respirator Fit Testing and Training)
- Wellness Programs: Immunization Clinics
- Return to Work Programs: Pre-Placement/Post-Offer Screening, Independent Medical Evaluations, Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Safety and Prevention: Pre-Placement/Post-Offer Screening, Forklift Operator Medicals, Safety Sensitive Position Medicals, Medical Review Officer Services (Drug and Alcohol), Pathogen Training Services
- Consulting Services: Policy Development and Implementation, Occupational Physician Consulting, Program Implementation Support, Medical Records Retention
Apex Occupational Health Solutions Inc., is a group of companies providing medical services to a variety of organizations. They offer a full suite of medical services from high level consulting to delivery of basic health related services. The company is owned and operated by doctors and as such, our focus is medical in nature. All of their services are performed under the direction of Medical Director Dr. Friars. Dr. Friars obtained his Occupational Medicine credentials from the United States where this specific type of training is available. Typically, US Standards are more stringent than Canadian Standards which has proven beneficial for all their clients, especially those that have US operations and want consistent risk protection across all locations. Their mission is to assist employers with reducing employee health related risk.